Looking for the right Realtor?2/25/2020
With an area full of real estate agencies and realtors, how can you possibly find the right one for you? Well, these are some of the tips I've heard through my time as a Realtor, and though they are all good tips they may bear just a little more thought. So, I'd thought I'd throw them out there and see what you think.
Find the agent with the most listings. They say it's an indication that those with the most listings are ambitious and hustle. And while that's true, how much hustle can one person have? Just ask yourself, what priority will be assigned to me and my home?
Then there is the ever-faithful ask a friend. Beware! I love my friends dearly, but all their recommendations aren't for me. It's not always a guarantee that because a friend or a friend of a friend likes the way someone handles their business that it fits with our personalities. It makes me think of going on a blind date that a friend set up and it ends in disaster! Yikes! Anyway, I'm not saying don't ask a friend I just don't want you to stop there.
Shop around. Many people contact only one Realtor before moving forward into the process. Ok…I know sometimes it can be love at first sight but for the majority of us, we don't know we've found the right one until we've looked around. After all, this person is going to be with us for possibly months guiding us through a myriad of questions that arise through this emotionally and financially taxing process.
So, when shopping, don't be shy ask questions.
- How long have you been in real estate? They don't need to have been in it for a decade but sometimes a few years is nice. Unless they are working under a more seasoned Realtor.
- How long have you lived in the area? Ok, they don't need to have lived in an area their whole lives but if they have just moved to an area you may want to take that under consideration.
- Do you have a team or work alone? Not to say alone is bad, but there are some advantages to having a team. It might increase response time and availability.
- What's their schedule? Are they full time or part-time? You need to know when they are available after all they are working for you.
- Do they have any vacations planned? I know what your thinking, "Don't you think that's a little much? But you don't want your Realtor zip lining in the Congo when you find the perfect house, or a buyer is ready to buy!
Whether you do all of these or none of these, in your search for a Realtor, just remember you need to find that person whom you can trust and rely on, to look out for your best interest.
If you have any tips that's worked well for you or things you would advise everyone to be aware of let me know. I would love to hear from you.